Dis: A tale of Life and Death
Look: Walking bird man
- Strength: 8 (-1)
- Dexterity: 15 (+1)
- Constitution: 13 (+1)
- Intelligence: 13 (+1)
- Wisdom: 9 (+0)
- Charisma: 18 (+3)
Alignment: (Asymptotically) Neutral
Uncover a hidden truth
Race: Kenku/Word Demon
- Cast a spell related to their word
- Mimic someone’s voice
When you weave a performance into a basic spell, choose an ally and an effect:
- Heal 1d8 damage
- +1d4 forward to damage
- Their mind is shaken clear of one enchantment
- The next time someone successfully assists the target with aid, they get Cha. On a 10+, the ally gets the selected effect. On a 7-9, your spell still works, but you draw unwanted attention or your magic reverberates to other targets affecting them as well, GM’s choice.
Choose an area of expertise:
- Spells and Magicks
- The Dead and Undead
- Grand Histories of the Known World
- A Bestiary of Creatures Unusual
- The Planar Spheres
- Legends of Heroes Past
- Gods and Their Servants
When you first encounter an important creature, location, or item (your call) covered by your bardic lore you can ask the GM any one question about it; the GM will answer truthfully. The GM may then ask you what tale, song, or legend you heard that information in.
Charming and Open
When you speak frankly with someone, you can ask their player a question from the list below. They must answer it truthfully, then they may ask you a question from the list (which you must answer truthfully).
- Whom do you serve?
- What do you wish I would do?
- How can I get you to ______?
- What are you really feeling right now?
- What do you most desire?
A Port in the Storm
When you return to a civilized settlement you’ve visited before, tell the GM when you were last here. They’ll tell you how it’s changed since then.
It goes to eleven
When you unleash a crazed performance (a righteous lute solo or mighty brass blast, maybe) choose a target who can hear you and roll+Cha. On a 10+ the target attacks their nearest ally in range. On a 7–9 they attack their nearest ally, but you also draw their attention and ire.
Your arcane art is strong, allowing you to choose two effects instead of one.
Get one move from another class. Treat your level as one lower for choosing the move.